SOLD BY BLAKE SCHOLZ & JOSH GILLESPIE
- 2 Beds
- 1 Bath
- 2 Cars
SOLD PRIOR TO AUCTION
This solid brick home provides the perfect entry point into the highly sought-after suburb of Melrose Park. Located just 15 minutes from the city and the sea; it's easy to understand why this super convenient and well serviced locale is so highly desired.
Built in 1956, the home sits proudly on a 719sqm allotment and offers that all-important north facing rear.
Inside, you will love the timber floors and lofty ceilings adorned in decorative cornicing, ceiling roses and original light fittings; giving the home that much-desired character feel.
To the right of the central hallway are two great size bedrooms, each featuring built in robes and ceiling fans. Adjacent the bedrooms the open plan living and dining areas flow effortlessly into the well-equipped kitchen.
A lovely large room at the rear of the home presents the flexibility for a second living space or a teenage retreat, featuring exposed beams and double doors to the paved entertaining area.
The large rear garden offers plenty of space for children and pets to play, and bursts with colourful flowering bulbs in spring and abundance of fruit in summer. There is also a large raised garden bed for growing all your favourite veggies.
There is a lot to love about this great location. Take a stroll through the family friendly suburb to discover its many lovely parks, playgrounds and reserves, trendy cafes and local eateries and great schooling at nearby Edwardstown Primary School. Public transport is just seconds away on Winston Avenue, giving you easy access to the CBD and tram route.
Get in quick - homes in Melrose Park don't stay on the market long!
More to love:
- Carport and single garage
- Off street parking for two cars in driveway
- Ducted evaporative cooling
- Quality wooden venetian blinds in all front windows
- Gas heater in living room
- Plenty of storage in kitchen
- Gas cooktop & Dishwasher in kitchen
- Bathroom with separate bath and shower
- Large laundry with built in storage
- Separate toilet
- Second living with aircon
- Double glazed internal venetian blinds in rear windows and double doors to patio with Japanese style retractable screen
- Great size yard with plenty of room to extend (STCC)
- Undercover entertaining area
- Beautiful big backyard with mature fruit trees including: Orange, lemon, peach, apricot, almond, fig, passionfruit, apple & avocado
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
1 garage space and 1 carport space
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.